Saturday, May 12, 2012

2012 Republican Women's Summit Live Blog #1

A break in form today for this blog: I am a guest at "This One's For the Girls", the 2012 Women's Summit organized by Phyllis Woods, being held at the NH Institute of Politics at St. Anselm's. I will post periodically throughout the day, reporting on the various speakers. I am in debt to Phyllis for welcoming me as representative of Cornerstone Action, even though I'm not a Republican. Call me a lapsed Republican.

About forty women are here, either officeholders or those who are giving thought to a run.  Filing period is  in June, which is coming right up.

After prayer and pledge, program begins with greeting from NHGOP chairman Wayne MacDonald followed by an RNC video on the history of American women's suffrage. Let it not be forgotten that women's history is not the exclusive province of the Democratic party.

I can't thank Phyllis enough. Her service to NH through the years has been remarkable, and her friendship and mentoring to me means a great deal. This event is happening thanks to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment